The relationship between the President Kiir and Political deadwoods (JCE), whether it is direct or indirect, positive or negative has been firm and effective ever since the time after the Dr. John Garang’s fate in the helicopter crashed in the month of 30th July, 2005. Despite their harmful effects on the lives of the people of South Sudan, the vast majority of JCE are beneficial and do perform a variety of processes within the presidency that affect the well-being of the South Sudanese senior politicians and the civil population . These activities performed by these political deadwoods (JCE) have been affecting the lives of South Sudanese including the majority Jieng speaking peoples which are not the part and parcel of this political marriage between the President Kiir and these elites.
Dear Country Men and women!
1. The president Kiir and his Political deadwoods (JCE) have a strong better mutual – fund association with many political opportunists (the ‘ political parasites’ of the South Sudan). This helps to improve political relationships with the President Kiir and JCE, thereby making productivity of the political enrichment between the appointees and the president Kiir and his JCE. This mutual fund helped them to raise their own children in a diaspora, make them as operational costs as they are creating more chaos and committing crimes on behalf of majority Jieng speaking peoples for their own personal benefits.
2. The president Kiir and his JCE also maintain all financial institutions in South Sudan that is why they kept everyone in their ‘kangaroo feeding bag’ open it to everyone who is against their system (You all know South Sudanese rebellion mentalities end most in money ) and buying membership and loyalties from the political opportunists (those who are unable to express their views and concerns on the matter and claim to be roadworthy politicians before red handed to cage by these elites called JCE and Kiir ).
3. Silence means acceptance! It takes less than a minute for one to come across Jieng council of elders’ meddle on national affairs as they claim. Either through social media or news outlets. So, it has become famous in the country and beyond as a group of self-appointed Jieng elders that gives tribally motivated, vicious advice to the President. They are catalysts of ongoing social, humanitarian, and economic crisis in the nation as per hearsay.
4. In 2013, President Kiir started by withdrawing delegated powers from the former Vice President Dr. Riek Machar. Subsequent dismissal of the former Vice President plus two elected Governors of defunct Lakes and unity states and dissolution of the cabinet. It was a terrible political tsunami that was viewed by then political analysts and termed ‘disgruntle group’ as a permanent demise of their time in history. It invoked resistance by sacked politicians including Dr Riek Machar . Their political behaviour and relations with president Salva Kiir was grasped, by many nationals as the trigger to the genesis of South Sudan crisis. Others believed that it was Jieng council of elders that solicited the President to take the decision.
5. When the peace deal was forcefully signed, the current first vice president Taban Deng Gai who was peace negotiator of SPLM/IO led an advance team tasked to prepare the city for the arrival of their Boss. Before Riek Machar could return, speculations hit media and streets that Taban Deng Gai would be appointed the first vice president if should Riek Machar delayed .Jieng council of elders was accused by some citizens as the one behind the rumour. Fortunately, Dr Riek Machar plane touched Juba international airport on 27th April 2016, and went straight to the palace as if he was given leadership deadline. He got sworn in as the first vice president and assumed his powers before rumour would turn into reality. It gave citizens a glimpse of hope that peace had finally come to the Country, not cognizant of the fact that it was a continuation of the war between the two factions of SPLM. Plus other group called FDs that is known for its digital duel.
6. It was just one day to Country’s Independence Day celebrations that the guards of two political rivals got engaged in a hassle that left more than 300 soldiers dead in the palace. This dogfight compelled Dr Riek Machar to leave the capital for DR Congo through former Western Equatoria jungle.
President gave one-week ultimatum for Riek to report to his office. The time elapsed and as a result, it created a power vacuum.
SPLM/IO officials that remained in the capital converged and nominated Taban Deng Gai as their leader to continue with the implementation of the peace deal as enshrined in the peace accord.
They submitted Taban’s name to the president and he was later on appointed the first vice president of the Republic of South Sudan as per the agreement.
This was again imputed to Jieng council of elders as an actuator of the appointment of Taban.
The president Kiir and his JCE are least educated politicians in the history who are unable to come up with good political aspirations in the country, elites that practice ‘Political tribalism ‘nepotism, discrimination, corruption in the era of president Salva Kiir. This is their time to boom! They will be greatly remembered in the history and beyond as pioneers to the South Sudan crisis. As such a politicians that engineered and architected mischief among the people of South Sudan for their political greedily and their hates towards the political opponents.
The history will reminded us that they are coming back of new biblical servant (the servants that do not forgive) tradition elites that displaced and killed millions of South Sudanese due to their political disabilities. Tell me what they have achieved so far in the reign of their begotten son? Absolutely no! They are political deadwoods in the history, who introduced injustice, corruption and political tribalism , hatred towards South Sudan ethnic groups for the reason known to them. This is their time to boom!.I will leave the diagnoses and provide the solution to the matter as the next topics discussion.
The Author is South Sudanese Human rights activist and Analyst living in Cairo, Egypt. Can be reached via electronic mail at email@example.com