Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF – Doctors without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 60 countries around the world. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
Location: Agok (visits to Juba coordination).
Contract: 6 months fixed term contract renewable
Development, implementation and monitoring of L&D according to MSF policies and values. Contribute to the development of L&D activities in the projects by supporting the Management Team in the analysis of learning needs and use of appropriate L&D solutions. This position is intended to be anchored in our big project rather than in the coordination of the mission.
Scope of responsibilities:
In close collaboration with the HR Manager, field supervisors, managers &/or field coordinators responsible for each department (logistics, medical, supply, etc.) plans & supports all L&D aspects of the employee development cycle: , induction processes, individual and team development & training plans, performance evaluations, relevant aspects of recruitment, as well as communication about and upkeep of L&D tools and opportunities. Ensures follow-up and evaluation to support staff in transfer of learning to performance after L&D processes and learning events.
• Develops L&D tools, processes & strategy when needed together with the PDM &/or HRCo
• Ensures the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of records of learning programs
• Acts as a technical L&D specialist, providing advice, technical feedback about and follow-up on quality of implementation of L&D
• Looks for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of trainings, coaching and other development tools
• Delivers trainings (or support other facilitators to do so)
• Defines procedures and ensures the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the L&D tools, processes and plans
• Carries out learning needs assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions.
Education: MANDATORY Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
Experience: MANDATORY 4 years of demonstrated experience as HR Assistant or HR Manager
Experience in MSF or INGO’s in developing countries is a plus
Languages: English and Arabic mandatory
Knowledge: MANDATORY computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
South Sudanese candidates should submit their application with motivation letter, CV, scan of Bachelor’s degree and national ID to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before 11th August 2021 by 5:00pm.
Please mention Learning and Development Specialist in the subject title of your email.
Qualified women and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications will not be returned.
No money is ever asked throughout the MSF recruitment process.